Monday, August 20, 2007

General Clean Up Around The Site

When my brother was nepotistically working as a labourer on his former school's new construction and had run out of things to do he was told to go do a "general clean up around the site"...this involved taking: a broom, a shovel, a wheelbarrow and Nick Greene, and disappearing whilst people who had skills and things to do went about building the school (or if you'd talked to some mistaken members of the school board at the time, a place of adult excellence and learning....which explains why we got such oddly expensive chairs in the library and economics room).
Anyway, it's time I took a wheelbarrow and Nick Greene and tidied up some loose ends...because I don't have enough meat for a real post.

1) I have writer's block. Fortunately it looks like Silky-D may unexpectedly (no offence intended, rather a salty old sea local-furry-squid just telling it like he sees it) be stepping into the breach. Still though...its been a fairly productive 12 months...all I could squeeze out tonight was the other bit for, the as yet unheard by the fans, Hare Trigger and a worthless unintentional rip-off of Bob Mould's Sacrifice (Let There Be Peace) which will never leave my hard disk.

2) Two separate people have said to me that as Crafty was able to drum and sing during Someone To Tell Me he must be really good in bed. While I know for a fact he is excellent in bed it still surprised me that this was evidence...and of course there was my usual burning resentment whenever anyone else in the band gets complimented...what more do I have to do to hog the limelight?!?!? How did Dave sneak in there?!?!? Also, don't me and Paddy also play things and sing? Are we not also masters in the sack...I certainly think we are. I'm sure once we unleash our cover of Who Loves the Sun the world will see that Silky is also a kind and considerate lover.

3)I had a Harpo moment when I found out my mother reads this blog...she had been given the URL by the band photographer. Pointedly, she doesn't comment.


Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Having learned recently of Mark Holden having been stalked by a dissatisfied "Idol" contestant, I fear that inadvertently revealing Crafty's forename may cause a few potential troubles for the maestro.

Firstly, UT, your mum will be able to figure out his identity in the real world. Secondly, you have pillow-talked him up to such a degree that he can't help but feel the weight of the world on his shoulders. All I can say is that I hope it doesn't effect his drumming.

21/8/07 15:20  
Blogger Unrelenting Tedium said...

Sir:
As number 1(a) fan are you not aware that we have been done this road before and I beleive all our names are in the public domain through earlier posts? If this is not the case I shall spend the rest of my days personally watching over Crafty (including his bedroom gymnastics) in an effort to keep him safe from any harm in whose path I may have placed him.
Yours
UT or MDP

21/8/07 15:28  
Blogger silky-D said...

re. Crafty's uncanny coordination behind the tubs and his obvious qualities as a lover...

I'd be keen to get Chesty's opinion on this matter?

21/8/07 15:57  
Blogger Paddy said...

Nor did I know about this correlation between being able to drum and sing simultaneously on the one hand and being a good in bed on the other.

To test this theory I quickly collated a list of singing drummers:

Don Henley
Peter Criss
Roger Taylor
Mike Portnoy from Dream Theater
Wally from the Basics
That little dude from Hanson

and I think we have the makings of quite a useful scientific experiment. Is anybody able to rate the performances of those listed above, say out of 10? Dave Grohl surely has to figure highly.

21/8/07 16:07  
Blogger silky-D said...

Karen Carpenter and Phil Collins
'nuff said.

21/8/07 16:09  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hang on, that was a dude in Hanson?

21/8/07 16:09  
Blogger silky-D said...

from what I hear, Criss is something of a dud. His woman is always feeling empty, like their house just ain't a home. Cos Pete's always somewhere else
and she's always there alone. There's not much time for unloading his love gun and being called Dr Love and suchnot, because he and the boys will usually be playing... all night.

21/8/07 16:16  

Post a Comment

<< Home