Thursday, February 05, 2009

My Watering Eye

 

And in a trice it was gone. Just as the magician blows on his clenched fist and opens it to reveal an empty palm so too the gig fades from view like a vapour trail on the empty air. Michael at the Brunswick Hotel was nice about it…

Hi UT ,
I have advised the two other acts - will keep you guys on our books for a future gig
Cheers
M

…I don't think he hates us. His communications prior to this one have been equally direct and business-like…so there has been no cooling of tone, but there has been no warming either. I am inspired though. Across the clouds I see my shadow fly to other pubs to book gigs.

Leave the solar system.

2 Comments:

Blogger silky-D said...

if it is any consolation I feel terrible and would not have minded too much if you wanted to take the booking anyway as a three-piece.

and I feel terrible. did I mention that?

5/2/09 16:18  
Blogger Unrelenting Tedium said...

Yep...uh huh...we sound great as a three-peice. To be honest I actually get turned on by having you around and feeling terrible. Particularly when I am the one who books gigs (well that should be gig until further notice) without actually asking anyone if they are available.

5/2/09 16:29  

Post a Comment

<< Home