Monday, January 08, 2007

Long Player

A merry christmas and a happy new year to one and all. Our drummer has returned from the land of the long white cloud holding a hot dog on an icy pole stick and choice pair of jandals on his feet. He will be pleased to know (if he ever fucking reads this blog!!!) that much work has been done on the hotly anticipated long player from Squid Ink. A quick listen to the tracks so far has made me further convinced that my engineers, Silky and P-Borg, are indeed cloth eared as I hear many peaks (perhaps I have the ears of a local furry squid...who can say?) and the days stretching on has made me sure we should ram home three tracks and force them on to local drinking establishments in order to hurry up the long-dreamt-of second gig. What say you men of Squid Ink? Obviously the album follows shortly but I want to play again...people said nice things after the last one... and it gets us one gig closer to the coveted Celebrity Rooter segment on Best of The Brat.

Possible lyric idea: Stephanie Alexander is a cunt.

5 Comments:

Blogger Paddy said...

Identify the pearls and give them a polish. That is a knockout idea. Let's get it done — we can re-do the ruined vocals trusting only your own ears.

And when we get on Best Of The Brat perhaps we could play them our new song:

If I had French truffles cluttering up the shelf
If I had as much quail as you
If I had mixing bowls made of copper
If my books cost $130 each too

Then I'd be a cunt
I'd be a cunt

9/1/07 14:01  
Blogger silky-D said...

what's Jamie Oliver then?
The Naked Cunt?

9/1/07 14:35  
Blogger silky-D said...

then, of course, that classic Japanese game show. The Iron Cunt.

9/1/07 15:06  
Blogger Unrelenting Tedium said...

Chef is a four letter word. As is cook.

9/1/07 15:32  
Blogger silky-D said...

How do we feel about Maggie Beer?
Possibly, just maybe, she could also be a you-know-what. She does have her own signature line of quince pastes and verjuice.

13/1/07 09:07  

Post a Comment

<< Home