Monday, December 18, 2006

Fire in the disco...

As Paddy would say, Paddy being the new President of the Melbourne Chapter of the Electric Six fan-boy club. After my sojourn to the front to witness the terror of mother nature writ large on the unforgiving Australian outback and all that, after Doug's draining battle with the e.coli in his midst, after Paddy's solipsistic week spent wallowing in the hi-fi sounds of his new lounge-room setup and after Crafty spent the last fortnight practising the difficult intro to He's a Whore, the question the world wants answered is ... do we rock on Tuesday or not?
If we don't come back soon, who will keep the young men of Midian in DVD's and mull?

5 Comments:

Blogger Paddy said...

Who indeed? They seem to be doing well enough off our cancellation fees.

I might be spending Tuesday evening listening to the Electric Six's back-catalogue on my stereo but I presume it all hinges on Doug's health. I understand he was well enough to watch MacDonald and Hussey at the 'G yesterday so hopefully he has power enough in his fingers for the rock at rehearsal.

And that's one cool photo.

18/12/06 16:04  
Blogger Unrelenting Tedium said...

I am totally into rocking tomorrow night. I did indeed tremble before MacDonald's awesome innings whilst imbibing many cups of camomile tea on the long room couches in between ant-acid tablets. In 30 minutes I embark on my first meal of not white rice or white bread for several days and I am hopeful!

18/12/06 18:38  
Blogger Unrelenting Tedium said...

Also...that is a terrific photo...if nothing else it displays what really big hands you have.

18/12/06 18:39  
Blogger silky-D said...

In fairness to myself, although I do have 'power chord hands' I should point out that I'm wearing thick protective gloves - thus exagerrating my hand size.
Bulky mittens, if you will.

18/12/06 18:41  
Blogger Unrelenting Tedium said...

You are not, you liar!! Don't try and hide you large freaky hands. I looked closely and you are no bulky-mitten wearing bubble boy!
Just because I am struck down by an ague don't think you can fool me!!!!

18/12/06 18:53  

Post a Comment

<< Home