Monday, December 11, 2006

Why is Paddy so terribly poor?

Spending my Christmas money on myself, as I like to do, I bought a spiffy new power amp for my stereo. Not a whole amp, actually just two modules like the one in the photo here that the cartoon squid is standing on: one for the left channel and one for the right and I pulled the corresponding ones from my old amp and soldered and screwed the fabulous new ones in.

Our many hundreds of regular readers will remember that I like this sort of thing and dearly love my new amp. Hooray. It sounds superb with delicious crystal clarity, ear-catching separation and better-defined bass than the old amp had.

The components need up to 20 hours of “burn-in” before the amp is at its best so, dammit, I just had to listen to Beatles, At The Drive-In, Beethoven, Roger Glover, Mars Volta, AC/DC, Death From Above, Stravinsky and many other albums over the weekend all at outrageous volume.

Colour me cheerful.

3 Comments:

Blogger silky-D said...

I've noticed the pink squid with the walking cane making several appearances in your posts. Does the pink squid represent you in this story? Are you Mr pink squid?

18/12/06 15:56  
Blogger Paddy said...

I think you'll find it's a shovel.

Are we all going to get colours, Reservoir Dogs-Wiggles style?

18/12/06 16:06  
Blogger silky-D said...

I stand corrected, Mr Pink.

18/12/06 16:11  

Post a Comment

<< Home