Tuesday, September 07, 2010

Initial Advantages

I have the initials, when not trading as UT, of DP. Not all that handy. No.

Handy initials would be SS. Allow me to demonstrate why.

SS - You can write your initials like the two lightning bolts in KISS.

SS - You share the initials of one of the 80s, and most of the 90s, finest bat manufacturers, Stuart Surridge. It was good enough for Graham Gooch (GG! Not quite Gordon Greenidge mind you - Graham may have been better but Gordon was much cooler...the very antithesis of Graham's "it's grim up north" demeanor, which is odd as he was born and bred in Essex) and me (first bat was an SS).

SS - I skip delicately over the Schutzstaffel.

SS - The Sydney Silky (for it is!) is one of Australia's most loved terriers. I have known two, i.e. Roselea (not named after the Bob Seager, and thin lizzy covered, song) and here charming son Walter (most definitely named after the scorer of mountainous runs Hammond).

SS - Few things are better than steam ships.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Paddy said...

A post!

I can confidently say that people with initials of SS are the loveliest.

7/9/10 15:21  
Blogger Paddy said...

My comment from a few moments ago was a bit of a topic highjack. I return to the point of UT's post and will say that I'm wholly thrilled at the news of the newest squid.

Who has cracking useful initials.

7/9/10 15:28  
Blogger Unrelenting Tedium said...

I had intended to include Mark Taylor also in the list of Stuart Surridge users. I believe he used it on his triumphant first tour of England in 1989.

8/9/10 08:15  

Post a Comment

<< Home