Thursday, June 10, 2010

Compensation

Getting four dudes to stand in a grim little room with walls made from breeze blocks, thick filthy felt stapled to these walls and an inadequately hinged door constructed by gluing together 8 bits of MDF, is difficult. Only Paddy seems serious about it by not having a baby any time soon because he doesn't want to mess with the life aquatic. What with endless international sporting engagements, stupid children everywhere and near constant but diverse illness and ailments, the Squid life, as Willie so adroitly put it whilst humping encyclopaedia around Fort Worth, ain't no good life, but it's our life.

So how do I compensate? Buying new gear of course. The '81 USA Fender Bullet pick ups were giving me the shits. A lovely rich clean sound but a papery distorted sound. Having been so pleased with the Fender Bronco upgrade, I plumped for the DiMarzio Super Distortion S rail pick ups in the neck and bridge position. For those who like a little meat with their Tedious gravy HERE IT FUCKING COMES!

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Paddy said...

You've been talking about the pick-ups for a while now. Fantastic to hear you've upgraded and I'm looking forward to finding out what a difference it makes. You haven't fitted them yet?

10/6/10 15:49  
Blogger Unrelenting Tedium said...

Thanks for squeezing out a comment Paddy. I just don't fire the kids up like a used to.

My word they are fitted! Guitar World fits them for free if you buy them from there high st shop front.

10/6/10 16:26  
Blogger Paddy said...

Ooh, they are! Well done High Street Guitar World. Exciting.

I am a man of many talents but I don't feel that commenting is one of them: further proof can be found in this very attempt. But I try. I think the kids are all reading the blogs on National Times.

10/6/10 16:40  
Blogger Unrelenting Tedium said...

Must take 2 seconds to proof read comments...there..for fuck's sake.

10/6/10 16:42  

Post a Comment

<< Home