Thursday, January 24, 2008

Tracks Of My Tears

What can there be to blog about when nobody blogs anymore and nobody rocks anymore...good question.
I have sent P-Cat a copy of Guitar Tracks Pro and the plan is that we will now collaborate seperately. There is a fair chance that not a single file, let alone musical nugget, will change hands but at least it won't be because we don't have the means.
I like this approach as it matches the current "separate limos" phase the band is going through. So much so that Silky has changed country. The creative tension is something else.
Despite the annoyance of paying twice as much for rehearsal at Midian the other night becuase of a previous cancellation I am pleased we squared the ledger. Many have laid claim to the sought "5th Squid" sobriquet but a front runner must ceratinly be Mr Midian. It seems right that we have liquid papered ourselves out of his quaintly titled "shit list"




This week's feeble attempt at a cryptic clue:

defunct auteur in two blocks (7)

Labels: , ,

8 Comments:

Blogger Paddy said...

With thanks to UT, I now have Guitar Tracks Pro installed and running on my aging, dodgy laptop. All I need now is a decent audio interface and we will have some long-distance, digital collaboration going on. Or, at least, as UT points out, the ability to do some. It's all delightfully exciting.

As is, certainly, having escaped the fiery wrath of Mr Midian. We dodged a bullet there.

25/1/08 12:06  
Blogger Fluffy said...

Kubrick? Both the auteur and the band being defunct.

27/1/08 22:06  
Blogger silky-D said...

is this just a sad attempt to get bereaved Heath Ledger fans to stumble upon our blog via google?

28/1/08 08:22  
Blogger Unrelenting Tedium said...

Well done fluffy. I feared that you had all deemed the clue too far beneath you...I will get to work on the next one.

And silky...new zealand has clearly changed you...I was choosing the tags from the post and ledger jumped out and only having entered it did I realise its currency. Never would I engage is such cheap trickery for traffic!

29/1/08 13:21  
Blogger Unrelenting Tedium said...

And in other news...talk about a rebuff...after two years of band subscriptions to RRR, and more specifically to Best of The Brat as our post-rehearsal-drive-home-show, Holly C, in her new guise, was heard this very mourn to criticise Dom from Muse for not having a very rock and roll name and corroborated it with "I mean, it's like Doug...no one ever heard of a rock band with a Doug in it".
Thank you to Chris for informing me of this slight. If Best of The Brat wasn't already gone I would have a good mind to cancel our subscription immediately (wouldn't of course but I hope my outrgae shines through). And they can forget about any celebrity rooting from this hard rockin' Doug!

I shall be quick to send her a copy of the new hot rock project i am working on with Doug Parkinson, Doug Wimbish and Doug "Cosmo" Clifford on the tubs...the nerve of some people!!!

29/1/08 13:47  
Blogger Fluffy said...

"...but at least it won't be because we don't have the means."

Have you seen what those audio interface things cost? I just about swallowed my whistle.

*wheeze*

Hardy shouldn't throw stones. Timothy isn't exactly a hard rock moniker.

29/1/08 15:57  
Blogger Unrelenting Tedium said...

Hmmm...yes, pricey...but if you consider that it 4enabled, despite my name, the torrent of hot rock that is "8 Legs to Hold You" (obviously excluding everybody's number one fav track) it appears cheap. I have no doubt P-bomb's royalties will pay for it in a short time.

29/1/08 16:19  
Blogger silky-D said...

what, no lolly for hard rocking built to spill frontman Doug Martsch?

2/2/08 13:36  

Post a Comment

<< Home