Thursday, November 05, 2009

Tedious Chappie (Slight Return)

Fans of the band, and hopefully the band also, will be pleased to hear that I think I am back. Many may not have noticed that I went away. Just as I failed to notice, and feel very bad about not noticing, that Crafty has had a fairly nasty ear business. Something far worse has probably happened to Paddy and Silky (all I know is Paddy seems to have some kind of lyrical block...Silky, on the other hand, seems to be living out some sort of post-modern American caricature and I can't work out where the man, the holiday, the iconography, the irony, and the sporting bit of the whole thing begins and ends [please note awkward forcing of oxford comma for Paddy's reading pleasure]) and I would never know it.

Separate limos it is.

Anyway, I have been off my game and now find myself back on it. The fruit of this is a new composition which is like The Jam only better. Sadly, Paddy's lyrical block is contagious but that has not impeded my output hitherto. Midian is booked for next wednesday evening (room 2...as the actress said to the bishop). The Brunswick Hotel has clearly been got at by the nasty people who run every other venue in Melbourne as they are no longer returning my emails...but the credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena; whose face is marred by blah blah blah...rock!

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Paddy said...

Rehearsal! Wonderful news!

NEW SONGS! BAM!

6/11/09 16:32  

Post a Comment

<< Home