Thursday, March 22, 2007

Water cooler conversation

Excitement around the city is starting to build. The talk about the water cooler is that Squid Ink's gig at the Barleycorn (177 Johnston St Collingwood) on the 30th of March is soon upon us.

We have been struggling like builder's labourers in the sunshine to improve the material for your Friday night rocking pleasure. The current issues we have been working on are:

  • Remembering the lyrics to Dead Pan
  • Counting the lengths of solos
  • Tempi
  • General on-stage feng shui
  • Accurately hitting the changes in Tyon
  • When we should play Industry
  • The papier mâché rocket ship that crashes into the stage during Mnemosyne
  • It's all NFGE

There will be a door prize for the audience member that looks most like Geoffrey Rush. Remember to eat heartily before the gig: do not attempt Squid Ink Rock on an empty stomach.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger silky-D said...

I wish I knew how to make bullet points. I also wish I knew the lyrics to Dead Pan or could hit the changes in Tyon.

22/3/07 17:32  
Blogger Paddy said...

Bullet points are easy. But then so are the lyrics to Dead Pan and the changes in Tyon. I expect we shall overcome our obstacles in short order and become better people with grace and assurance having done so.

23/3/07 10:40  
Blogger Unrelenting Tedium said...

I can't help but feel a certain wait upon my shoulders as I play a part in all but one of the bullet points...NFGE indeed.

25/3/07 20:27  

Post a Comment

<< Home