Saturday, March 31, 2007

Then why can't I paint you...

A very kind friend of the Ink took snaps of last night's gig at the Barleycorn and you can see how handsome we are here. Steve, the photographer, also has a video podcast called houndTV about dogs which you can check out here.
The gig was a roaring success and as always I am grateful to our friends for showing up! The buttons were a big hit and I am still proudly wearing mine.
Most excitingly there is a live recording of the gig but my brother stole and refuses to return it as I didn't give him his birthday presents, which he left in my car, for three months. If it is any good there will definitely be a mail-order live album (titles?? John Barleycorn Must Live?) at a knockdown price...we know no other way. Unfortunately the mixer fell for my showbiz trickery about our last song and ended the recording before Silky's incediary take on He's A Whore.

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Steven Pam said...

Hey, who said I was a 'friend of the Ink'? Screw you.

I'm kidding, of course. You guys will be friends to me forever.

What a great gig. That one will definitely go down in the annals - of something.

Definitely up there with 'the worst lit gigs of all time'.

But seriously, why don't you go ahead and hotlink to the freakin images, inline, right here on the blog, so people don't have to click through to the - flickr don't mind, honest! (as long as each photo links back to its photo page)

1/4/07 09:33  
Blogger Unrelenting Tedium said...

Thanks for the tip Steven. The post is now updated. Well as you can see by the commenting frenzy on the blog we have many people who feel they are not friends of the band...screw us indeed.

2/4/07 17:32  
Blogger Unrelenting Tedium said...

Can I also draw attention to how much Big Black manage to look like Cheap Trick, minus one member, on the cover of their cover. We should have thought of that.

2/4/07 17:41  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thoroughly enjoyed the gig on Friday. I was secretly hoping for a Cindi Lauper cover simply because I thought it'd be cool to name your bootleg live CD, Tion after tion.

However, I dare say it'll be tough to top John Barleycorn Live. But this is where Silky always surprises - that's why the paper pay him the big bickies. I will watch with anticipation

2/4/07 17:47  
Blogger silky-D said...

Blood on the mic.

2/4/07 21:20  
Blogger Unrelenting Tedium said...

Before the Ink Dries

3/4/07 08:24  
Blogger silky-D said...

Hinny's Democracy

4/4/07 18:07  

Post a Comment

<< Home