Thursday, November 09, 2006

Never mind the hinnies...

Whooaa, that's spooky. Please see above, the pic I had already selected for my return to posting life. I found this, the cover of Roger Daltrey's 1975 album, 'Ride a rock horse,' at Adelaide's premier second hand record emporium while away. It's described by some learned judges as 'the reason punk had to happen.' The record was competitively priced at $1 but I didn't purchase due to extreme scratching (and I don't mean in a cool, Grandmaster Flash kinda way). But it did strike me, faced as we currently are by tough decisions in these areas, that this is not just a human/animal hybrid (and therefore inspirational grist for Dave's arty-mill) but also possibly the worst album cover/title combo ever seen. Anyone got anything that can best my cock horse for the title?

3 Comments:

Blogger Unrelenting Tedium said...

I've been thinking about this for a little while and I can't come up with anything. I can think of millions of awful albums but no cover/title combos. The Beatles covered in meat and doll parts is let down by the innocuous "yesterday and today". The Who have plenty of awful titles centered around lame puns on their own name but often the covers are quite good.
Phil Lynott's Solo in Soho is an awful album with a mediocre title and an ordinary cover...I have nothing. I looked up a few reviews and Daltrey fans seem very keen on this album.

10/11/06 12:22  
Blogger silky-D said...

I'm impressed by your efforts and the seriousness with which you responded to my challenge. But somewhere deep inside, I knew this was a special combo of badness the moment I laid eyes on it.

10/11/06 16:32  
Blogger silky-D said...

It's kinda weird to think that there are Daltrey fans... 'man, those early eighties TDK commercials were some hot fucking shit.'

10/11/06 17:26  

Post a Comment

<< Home