Friday, October 13, 2006

Improved Filter

I was reading an interview with Guy Picciotto from Fugazi, as is my wont, and as usual I was inspired! The bit that caught my eye was the bit about the bands four members have high standards and excellent filters for bad stuff.
We need to improve our filters and we need to point out when any aspect of a song is weak. A serious and silly thing to say but I want us to be a band I would think has their shit so tight and so hot that we could get away with wearing tight, shiny leather trousers when we play.
Also, I really like the had made CD releases. I think it is our choice of port in this particular storm.
Please ignore me.

5 Comments:

Blogger silky-D said...

I think that in our performance of He's a whore the other night my vocals weren't pitch perfect.

13/10/06 15:40  
Blogger Unrelenting Tedium said...

By the third run through you nailed it in a way Zander-pants could only dream of.
I want people to start pointing at each other and yelling "that's not fucking good enough".

13/10/06 15:46  
Blogger silky-D said...

I fear this new regime may expose some members of the band to more rebukes than others. Paddy, as far as I am aware, has made only one mistake since I've been in the band and that related to the assembly of his speaker.

13/10/06 16:07  
Blogger Unrelenting Tedium said...

I have been unclear. It's about improving the songs and trimming the fat. Not individual performances. And it gives Paddy somethig to do when he feels like leaning agianst the wall.

13/10/06 16:22  
Blogger Paddy said...

I have had the finger pointed at me several times and told “that's not fucking good enough” when in my weaker moments I've leant against a wall.

13/10/06 16:33  

Post a Comment

<< Home