Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Who's The Boss

Just to keep you all abreast of the latest in my struggles with my rig:

Using screws, nails, superglue, seaweed, clamps, threats of torture, cement, twine, and a small voodoo doll I have secured the driver firmly back into my speaker bin. A timely repair as, thanks to the wonders of EBay, my ME-50B turned up in the mail and I spent the weekend gleefully making all sorts of wonderful noises.

Every bass player needs a Bootsy autowah. It's in the rulebook.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unrelenting Tedium said...

Awesome! My wah is in an unreachable location in Alice Springs...which makes me wince at the thought of Don't Beleive A Word this evening.
Also, where, Silky-D, is my distortion modeller???? I lend it to you and I see it nowhere....and now there is a small orange fellow in its place.

3/10/06 11:15  
Blogger silky-D said...

hmmm... good point you raise there. I was keen to play with it on the weekend, but had an interstate guest who required me to take him to the beach and eat pizza by the ocean.
But it's still safely secured in my spare room. I promise its imminent return.

also: I've done a lot of travelling this year. Here's a list of famous people I've sat next to or shared a flight with.

FAMOUS PEOPLE I'VE SEEN ON AEROPLANES IN 2006
By Dan Silkstone

1)Dermott Brereton (hair looks even freakier in person).
2)Alan Brough, star of TV's Thank God You're Here (sat next to, he was reading book about Middle East history by firebrand journalist Robert Fisk)
3)The Canterbury Bulldogs Rugby League Team (no stewardesses sexually assaulted during 55 minute flight)
4)Dermott Brereton (again)
5)Basketballer Lauren Jackson (wearing shorts on a cool day).
6)Rove Live TV star Peter Helliar.

3/10/06 11:26  

Post a Comment

<< Home