Friday, August 25, 2006

Ink Jets Home

Thanks to the mercy of a retired judge, Silky-ink has been dispatched home a day early from Sydney.

I had beers with a mate who edits Aust Dazed and Confused magazine. He was very enthused about the ink and wondered if he could put us in his mag. I mumbled something about ''not quite ready yet'' but stuck him in the back pocket for later.

I was bending Tedium's ear the other night while waiting for the other half of the band outside the Midian, about how I have no time for late career revivals from artists who I already have a shelf-full of records by and who should have the good grace to quietly fade away and die. Ted poionted out that he is more a completist kinda guy, who has to own everything by everybody he likes.

And so it is, with more than a little surprise that I reveal that the two albums I can't get enough of at the moment are Bruce Springsteen's We Shall Overcome and Built to Spill's newie, You in Reverse.

Go figure.

5 Comments:

Blogger silky-D said...

Welcome home dan. Yes those are totally awesome albums, especially the Springsteen one. If this whole "corruscating indie rock gods" thing doesn't work out, the inks would make an excellent slapdash hilbilly, old-time music collective.

25/8/06 15:05  
Blogger Unrelenting Tedium said...

That's funny because when it comes to "The Boss" I am, so far, a one album man and predictably enough it is Nebraska...sometimes I feel a little bit too triple R.
Indeed, welcome home young Squid. Good work on Dazed and Confused...poor work on us not being quite ready...we are READY!!!

25/8/06 16:58  
Blogger silky-D said...

Born to Run is fucking genius
and so is The River
and if you don't think so then you AREN'T really ready.

clearly we all need better haircuts before we could be in dazed and confused, and I need to learn the guitar a bit.
but I'm getting there.

25/8/06 18:08  
Blogger Unrelenting Tedium said...

I must say I have never listened to either album...I feel a little bit bullied now...the days are rapidly slipping away where I can have a cool haircut...couldn't we aim for non-image like fugazi?

25/8/06 21:28  
Blogger silky-D said...

do not feel bullied, this is a nurturing space where you should feel free to like or dislike classic albums without being judged.
I don't, for example, liike Rumours by Fleetwood Mac.
Never have.

26/8/06 10:57  

Post a Comment

<< Home