Tuesday, July 25, 2006

The Youth Gone Wild

Well it seems this becomes my personal blog for the next little while as Silky-D is away on a fact finding mission for our upcoming UK tour, P-Borg is out setting up some alpine shows and Crafty is choosing his words carefully. I went and saw Sonic Youth last night. A top show. 5th time I have seen them I think and they always put on a great show. No greatest hits this time, mainly stuff of the new album and the last couple. Eric's Trip got an airing and a very early one (I think this is their 25th anniversary tour!) which I missed the name of with Thurston on bass. They are a fine example of why 2 guitars are better than one.

4 Comments:

Blogger Unrelenting Tedium said...

Great post Parkie!

25/7/06 12:24  
Blogger Unrelenting Tedium said...

Thanks man.

25/7/06 13:44  
Blogger silky-D said...

You just never know when i'll post something token and pointless. As michael jackson once said: you are not alone.
I'e seen SY twice, both times proclaiming i didn't care what they played so long as I got to hear Dirty Boots.
still waiting...
damn it's hot here. 35 today.
last night I went to a genuine London-style art gallery opening.
Lots of quirky haircuts and disturbing amounts of air kissing but there was unlimited free booze and I'm sweating it out this morning. Forgot to actually look at the art, but I did see a man dressed as a giant human fly trying to cop off with a girl in the bushes...
Later he came up to me, held out his sweaty fly hand and said
"ello. I am ector from Barthelona."
leaving London for a while tomorrow, devastated to learn that I'm missing by just a couple of days, Guns n Roses live at Wembley Stadium. I would've loved to update all the Squid Ink fans on the progress of Chinese Democracy.

26/7/06 19:02  
Blogger Unrelenting Tedium said...

I suppose that is a shade more interesting than my night where the dogs got a really good walk. Tomorrow I fly to Adeleaide in the morning and then fly home at night. Woo Hoo!

26/7/06 20:21  

Post a Comment

<< Home