Thursday, July 20, 2006

The plot thickens

I entered Douglas Park into the google image search and in the bottom row was a picture of a pretty unhip dude (not me). He seems to be in a band called Meridian and they played a gig at Douglas Park. The link is here. Now considering I lived with the lead singer of a band called Meridian and spent two fine years collecting money at the door of their shows I am feeling a little hot right now. If this isn't a sign telling me to take drugs and sell them I don't know what is.

3 Comments:

Blogger silky-D said...

their website is fancier than ours
and they have a motto:
"something different"
(presumably different to the same old Douglas Park shit).
other than that I reckon we have em beat.
possible mottos for the Squid Ink?

1)Rock and roll calamari
2)Think Ink!
3)Know your ink well
4)Eight legs good...

20/7/06 16:45  
Blogger Unrelenting Tedium said...

I very much like three and four (with no disrespect to the first two...both worthy). The last one reminds me of the original name for the Beatles HELP, Eight Arms To Hold You...but sadly it was used by Veruca Salt for their sophomore effort...because they were the inheritors of the Beatles tradition.

20/7/06 21:15  
Blogger silky-D said...

Of course they stole their other title: 'American thighs' from AC/DC.
which makes me think.. maybe...

5) "Sink the Pink with the Ink"

all motto submissions gratefully received... Paddy?
you know it'll be on a t-shirt one day soon.

come on feel the squid ink

20/7/06 21:56  

Post a Comment

<< Home