Monday, July 31, 2006

Let's Get Ready To Rumble

Yes, as UT has been lamenting, I have been away for a little while. After spending each day throwing my head at what little snow there is on Mt Hotham I spent each evening locked in a chalet outnumbered by girls. As lovely as they were we spent all our time listening to U2 and Phil Collins.

I would spend each evening humming along: “And all the promises we gave from the cradle to the grave and I can feel it in the air tonight oh lord” thinking to myself damn, wouldn't some Sonic Youth go down nicely right now.

It has been far too long since the Squids have played. I am ready to rock.

3 Comments:

Blogger Paddy said...

Apparently, not being the U2 fan I should be, I got the lyrics to All I Want Is You wrong. However I think my version is an improvement over Bono's because mine actually rhymes.

31/7/06 10:52  
Blogger Unrelenting Tedium said...

I felt a change in the force as another squid rolled back into town. I have been yelling 1-2-3-4 at my dogs for a few days now but they fail to drop in to a hot Squid Ink rave up and leave me feeling emptier than I did before. For their confused sake we do need to rock once more.
And you are correct, it does rhyme better. Bono has a remarkable way with words..."are you playing Jesus to the lepers in you head"...so meaningful and so so deep. It blows my mind (and all the lepers that reside in there) on every level.

31/7/06 11:51  
Blogger silky-D said...

Sorry squidders that I can't join you.
I'm in Manchester where I plan to paint the town red, Gallagher bros style tonight...
it should also be noted, speaking of bloated supergroups, that REM also had a song about (metaphorical) leprosy: New Test Leper. no less profound than Bono's moving lyrics.
Also: as a charismatic drummer who also sings, we should probably look to phil collins for guidance (especially you craftsman)

2/8/06 01:28  

Post a Comment

<< Home