Wednesday, July 05, 2006

There is a thumping great chasm between chords and tabs, sunshine.

Those of you who have been avidly following the Great What Is Max Playing? Debate here over the last day or two will probably have googled this page.

This mad loon—who, while kindly offering his efforts to the world for nothing on the internet, has done so under a pseudonym—is making two serious mistakes. The first is that he has invented G chords and has distributed them willy-nilly throughout the song, seemingly at random. The second, and even greater, crime is that this deluded chap imagines that he has tabbed the song. Tabbed! Prat.

5 Comments:

Blogger Unrelenting Tedium said...

While I am all for you lambasting this poor fool for not know what tablature is I must defend his right to put the G chord in for no other reason than I have put an E in ours (same chord just different key). Admittedly his mistake is to shy away his inaccuracy by making it merely a passing chord to assist the melody, where as I have proudly reharmonised two lines in the verse. To defend myself though, and probably not this prat, I do not and have not ever had a recording of the song to reference. In short, I excuse myself and agree that this bloke is a prat and one without the courage of his convictions at that.

5/7/06 11:08  
Blogger Paddy said...

No this fellow deserves no defense whatsoever. Your E chord is merely an artistic and quintessentially Squid Ink interpretation of how we feel the song should be performed. We even re-interpret Merritt's lyrics, apparently. TabBoy, meanwhile, passes his G  chord off before the world as definitive.

5/7/06 11:19  
Blogger Unrelenting Tedium said...

I, for one, am pleased to see this glint of all too rarely exposed paddy-steel. Your stance has now moved from relative leniency to one of Stalinesque ruthlessness. I applaud.

5/7/06 11:27  
Blogger Paddy said...

Stalin had some good ideas. He would have known what to do with people who claim to have written tablature without knowing what it was.

5/7/06 11:52  
Blogger silky-D said...

Paddy's onto something. I suggest another song title: "Guitar Gulag"
For crimes against the fretboard.
(Obviously I would be the first one imprisoned). My mind is racing with ways that "Guitar Gulag" could be a funny yet cool piece, referencing many of the great and not so great axemen of history.
Although obviously I'm a little worried it might turn out a bit like Skyhooks'
"Jukebox in Siberia."
And that would suck.

5/7/06 12:23  

Post a Comment

<< Home