Friday, June 23, 2006

Hinnies

After establishing the name of these critters, I believe Hinnies are long overdue for a song. I had heard that the progeny of a stallion and a jenny had a different name to that of a mare and a jack which is, of course, a mule. I had heard that they were less desirable than a mule because the are not as hard working and less pliant. However, my heart was gladened to find they are just harder to produce as stallions are less likely to be attracted to jennies than the other pairing.

The reason I bring this up here is that they have been going around my head for days and make excellent candidates for a song or even a concept album (the pain and dislocation brought on by cross-species-breeding-caused infertility could make a moving ballad).

Hinny rhymes with whinnie, ninnie, gimme, in me, and many other words. Donkeys are my favourite animals (largely because the look on their face suggests the joke is on you) and any cross-breed is worth giving the time of day to.

3 Comments:

Blogger Paddy said...

These are all good points and I am sure a tremendous song could result but I must warn you that 'gimme' and 'in me' only sort of rhyme with 'hinnie'. Beware.

23/6/06 15:18  
Blogger Unrelenting Tedium said...

Words of caution duly noted.

23/6/06 15:43  
Blogger Unrelenting Tedium said...

There may yet be hope.
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2006/11/061129150811.htm

15/12/06 12:53  

Post a Comment

<< Home