Friday, June 30, 2006

Goddannit

We had the pleasure of playing with a second guitarist at rehearsal this week.

Doug has been saying for some time that he wants the support of another guitar as he doesn't feel he carries the sound sufficiently while my style is certainly not in the Primus/Death From Above bass-driven school.

Dan was certainly rusty and turned his volume down severely from lack of confidence but I must say it made a big difference. Everything we played sounded rockier and better and it is clear that as Dan gets more familiar with the material we will be red-freakin-hot.

Next time we play we'll get him a microphone: four-part harmonies for Slipping Away! Bring it on.

3 Comments:

Blogger Unrelenting Tedium said...

This is freaking me out. Someone posted on our blog whom I don't immediately recognise. It is very welcome but, as I repeat for effect, this is freaking me out.

4/7/06 10:45  
Blogger Paddy said...

You are quite right there, jen. Voices singing in harmony are just lovely.

And moments like that where you get a room full of people singing along with a tune is one of the greatest rewards of learning guitar.

4/7/06 10:52  
Blogger Unrelenting Tedium said...

I apologise for losing myself for a moment there and appreciate Paddy pulling me into line. Can you tell us, Jen, which songs brought out these harmonies?

4/7/06 10:55  

Post a Comment

<< Home